Thank you for taking time to request a catalogue.
Suggested Specification for KEEGUARD ROOF EDGE GUARDRAIL SYSTEM
PART l - GENERAL
Summary: Provide and install freestanding KeeGuard® Roof Edge Fall Protection System, including tube railings, bases, counterweights, fittings and delivery to site.
Reference: EN14122 Part 3 & EN13374 Class A, all applicable, local and national codes.
- Tube for handrails, mid-rails, uprights and counterweight connection is to be galvanised mill finished to the requirements of EN ISO 1461.
- Kee Klamp® Components shall be galvanised to meet EN ISO 1461.
- Railing shall consist of top rails, mid rails, uprights, counterweights and connections.
- All tube connections to be Kee Klamp® structural tube components manufactured to the requirements of EN1562/1563.
- Railing assembly shall be capable of withstanding a load of 300 N/m applied at any point on the top rail. Test in accordance with EN 14122 part 3.
- Shop drawing; Indicate profiles, sizes, connections, size and type of fastners and accessories.
- Verify field measurements prior to assembly and/or ordering.
PART ll PRODUCTS
Manufacturer: Kee Safety Ltd, 1 Boulton Road, Reading, Berkshire, England. Tel: +44 (0) 118 931 1022, Fax +44 (0) 118 931 1146. www.keesafety.com/uk
- Tube: EN39 & EN10255.
- Rails and Posts: 48.3 OD steel tube, galvanised.
- Kee Klamp components: Elbows, Crossovers, Wall flanges, Tees, Couplings, galvanised.
- Mounting Bases: Iron bases are galvanised and are supplied with a rubber pad on underside of the component.
- Counterweights: Moulded recycled PVC.
- Fasteners: All fasteners shall be stainless steel.
PART lll EXECUTION
- For all connections with Kee Klamp® Components, each set screw is to be tightened to 39 N/m of torque.
- Placement of uprights and counterweights to manufacturer specifications as stated in the KeeGuard® Installation Instructions.
- Terminate the run as stated in the KeeGuard® Installation Instructions.
- Freestanding counterweighted guardrail system with 1.1m nominal height to provide a barrier on the roof which withstands a load of 300 N/m applied to the top rail per EN 14122 Part 3.
Acceptable low slope, roof edge fall protection to be KeeGuard® manufactured by Kee Safety Ltd.